Better understand the mechanisms of arrhythmia, cellular modifiers, and the clinical answers to these disorders! Written by internationally recognized leaders in the field, this groundbreaking resource reflects the state of the art in all aspects of mechanical heart function. Readers will find detailed discussions of mechanisms of feedback * effects on cellular electrophysiology * experimental manifestations * normal physiology * pathogenic mechanisms * therapeutic interventions * and more.
- Gives readers a solid foundation in the basic science of mechano-electric feedback to help them understand its clinical outcomes and future potential.
- Provides expert guidelines for the management of conditions such as atrial fibrillation, heart failure, hypertension, and cardiomyopathy.
- Helps readers apply research to practice with a clear explanation of the clinical trials in resynchronization.
- Considers new mechanical techniques plus new pharmaceuticals in the management of heart function.
- Makes complex information easy to understand with 200 illustrations.