Provide optimal anesthetic care to your young patients with A Practice of Anesthesia in Infants and Children, 5th Edition, by Drs. Charles J. Cote, Jerrold Lerman, and Brian J. Anderson. 110 experts representing 10 different countries on 6 continents bring you complete coverage of the safe, effective administration of general and regional anesthesia to infants and children - covering standard techniques as well as the very latest advances.
- Find authoritative answers on everything from preoperative evaluation through neonatal emergencies to the PACU.
- Get a free laminated pocket reference guide inside the book!
- Quickly review underlying scientific concepts and benefit from expert information on preoperative assessment and anesthesia management, postoperative care, emergencies, and special procedures.
- Stay on the cutting edge of management of emergence agitation, sleep-disordered breathing and postoperative vomiting; the use of new devices such as cuffed endotracheal tubes and new airway devices; and much more.
- Familiarize yourself with the full range of available new drugs, including those used for premedication and emergence from anesthesia.
- Benefit from numerous new figures and tables that facilitate easier retention of the material; new insights from neonatologists and neonatal pharmacologists; quick summaries of each chapter; and more than 1,000 illustrations that clarify key concepts.
- Access the entire text online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com, plus an extensive video library covering simulation, pediatric airway management, burn injuries, ultra-sound guided regional anesthesia, and much more; and new online-only sections, tables and figures.