Overcome the toughest airway challenges with Master Techniques in Upper and Lower Airway Management! Under the preeminent editorial guidance of William Rosenblatt, MD and Wanda Popescu, MD, a multitude of expert anesthesiologists guide you through all the ins and outs of managing difficult airways. This anesthesiology reference’s case-based approach demonstrates the clinical applications of important principles, and a large collection of online videos shows you how to perform key techniques successfully.
“ Two master clinician educators, Drs. William Rosenblatt and Wanda Popescu, calling on their expertise in airway management and thoracic anesthesia, respectively, have developed a unique book which explores the pathway of the airway from lips (nares) to the terminal bronchi to develop a highly focused volume with accompanying e-media to highlight clinical management. Although the organization of the book may seem obvious or intuitive, this is the first time a textbook has been developed in this manner. For the reader, these individuals have assembled the ‘go to faculty’ for both pre-operative consultation, as well as, intra-operative airway related events in their specialties.”
– from the Foreword by Paul G. Barash MD
- Be prepared to tackle a complete range of upper airway problems with comprehensive coverage of everything from evaluation and basic management of the difficult upper airway patient, through pre-existing conditions • otolaryngology and maxillofacial procedures • nasal intubation, tracheostomy, and foreign bodies • pediatric patients • the at-risk cervical spine • extubation, and more, as well as lower airway issues including interventional pulmonology • lung isolation devices and techniques • airway surgery • surgeries requiring lung isolation • congenital abnormalities of the lower airway • lung transplantation • lower airway emergencies • and more.
- Apply principles in practice by reviewing case histories that show concrete applications in the context of managing real patients. Then challenge your decision making with case-based questions and answers that delve into the details that lead to optimal outcomes.
- Master vital nuances of technique by watching a large collection of online videos derived from more than 700 actual patients.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition
, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use